The International Association of Broadcast Manufacturers (IABM) has generously provided the CBA with free places on their online course “An Introduction to Broadcast Technology” for the benefit of 25 employees of CBA member organisations.
The course is primarily aimed at newcomers to broadcasting to familiarise them with broadcast and media technology, the jargon and the role that technology plays in the business in which they operate. It is equally useful to longer term employees wishing to have a wider understanding of the industry and how their role fits into their company’s activities. Although it covers the technical aspects of broadcasting, the course would also benefit staff whose work requires an appreciation of the technology as opposed to an in-depth understanding.
- Broadcast and media production, the distribution chain
- Distribution, delivery and the business fundamentals
- Products, systems and services
- Who’s who in the supply chain
- Traditional media & new media
- Emerging technologies and markets
- Course can be carried out at any time and in any place to suit personal and occupational schedules.
- Self-paced course – delegates can access the material and develop their understanding at their own pace without needing to stay with a flow that suits others or is imposed.
Only deliverable on computers that can run Adobe Flash. Access to the course requires reasonable broadband connection of 1Mb or more, dial-up connections are unsuitable.
Apply by using the official form, downloadable below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on this and other courses run by the IABM Academy.
Image top right: Creative Commons/Antonio Bustamente